The easiest way to lose weight is to be aware of how much you are putting into your body. This chart above can help guide your portion size.
Check out prevention magazine for more details on this chart.
Click here portion control
Know your Canada Food Guide
|Servings/day||WOMEN 19-50||WOMEN 50+||MEN 19-50|
|Vegetables and Fruit||7-8||7||8-10||7|
|Milk and Alternatives||2||3||2||3|
|Meat and Alternatives||2||2||3||3|
Tips for portion control
- Use smaller plates to eat from.
- Before you go back for seconds wait 15 minutes.
- When dining out, order the appetizer as your meal or split the entree with a friend or get a "to go" bag before your order comes and bag half the meal before you begin to eat.
- Never eat from the bag!!! Portion out your TV snacks before you sit down to watch the movie.
- Drink water 20 minutes prior to eating (add some PGX tabs to suppress appetite)